UNISON is the largest public services union in Britain within excess of 1 million members
UNISON is also the largest trade union amongst Wyre Forest employees.
The Wyre Forest branch makes itself accountable to its members by holding regular branch meetings, members are welcome to come and take part in debates on relevant local issues or national ones such as the annual consultation on pay.
Our members join us in the safe knowledge that if they need our help we are here for them.
Benefits of UNISON membership include:
· Unrivalled protection and representation at work
· Help with pay, contracts and terms and conditions
· Legal assistance at work and at home
· Health and safety guidance
· Confidential welfare services if you are in difficulty
· Education and training opportunities for recognised qualifications
· Special rates on holidays, finance, insurance, credit cards, and much more
· Subscriptions based on your earnings
The branch is always looking for new stewards in the workplace and anyone wishing to become a steward can attend the relevant course if they wish, other training courses are available as UNISON runs an extensive programme of courses throughout the year.
As a steward you can:
Training and new skills.
UNISON runs a range of education and training courses that are open to all its members. Some of the courses help members improve their general skills, for example when using computors, others help you get back into learning, or to play a more active role in the union
UNISON also produces an informative monthly magazine that is distributed direct to member’s homes if they wish to receive it.
As an employer Wyre Forest District Council encourage all employees to be a member of a trade union.
To join please enquire at the UNISON office or visit http://www.unison.org.uk/